Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

This year, Maeve decided she was going to be a lemur.  She received these hand-me-down dance outfits from Taryn and Kate and decided this one looked like a lemur -- and I was happy to play along. Perfect.  Costume -- check.  I was also happy it was rather a creative idea that she came up with on her own, and we weren't on the princess pathway again.  So, Maeve the lemur was on the loose yesterday evening.

We decided to stick around our neighborhood this year -- we now have a collection of cool and fun friends that we've made over the last year from school.  We had a little pre-funk at Amber's place and the kids ran wild with excitement.  And then we let them loose on the streets (well, not really... but you know what I mean).  I gave Maeve strict instructions, that she actually followed this year --- go for the chocolate, not the hard candy.  Maeve loves Halloween and ran from house to house... she earned herself some running credit.  Between the trick-or-treating and stopping in a street party, we didn't get home until 9:30pm.  My little lemur was tuckered out -- thankfully we stopped intermittently throughout the night to "re-charge"with candy.  Its only Halloween one night of the year -- my philosophy is just go for it.  Eat  your candy...

But, now that Halloween is over... I think its mostly my candy now :-)




This is the "Scary Halloween Lemur" version, apparently.

Our trick-or-treating crew... 


The loot... 

 Sugar coma...

I think Halloween should always fall on Saturday with Day Light Savings always being the next day.  Today was the best lounge day. 



No comments: