Saturday, November 28, 2015

Girls Weekend...

A few weeks ago, my mom offered to take Maeve for the weekend before she flew south for the winter.  Obviously, I jumped at the chance, queried the girls to see who wanted to spend the weekend away from their kids too, and low and behold, we gathered seven of us.  How quickly we jump at the chance to get away from our kids?  Ha.  Jeff and Janey so kindly lent us their beach house for the weekend, so voila, a plan was in place.  

Melanie and Leann arrived first and promptly made jello shots, and the scene was set.  Ha ha.  Honestly, it was such a fun weekend.  We are all gamers and spent almost our whole weekend playing games and just talking.  I think there was maybe one movie played, and I think maybe I was most definitely asleep during that movie....  

I am so grateful for our posse.  I can't imagine not having them in my life.

And, this is the only picture I have.  I have a couple more, but I'm not allowed to post them due to loungewear and bed head, apparently (I posted them on instagram for a total of 60 seconds and was immediately yelled at and forced to delete them.  I thought they were fun.  Who knew they were so vain?)  Ha.  So... just believe me -- we had a great time.



Back at  home, Maeve and my mom had a great weekend.  The only misbehaving family member was this innocent looking feline.  How could sweet Ollie do anything wrong??  Ha ha.  Sorry, mom.  I've had a chat with him, and he promises to behave better next time.  

No comments: