Sunday, October 26, 2014

Disney 2014... I promise to not make this an annual posting.

So, the rather impromptu trip that we took at the end of September, was a trip to Disneyland with Ann, Mike, Kaya and Zane.  Now before you start judging me by saying, 'but, you just went to Disneyland last year...'  I know!  I pre-judged myself too.  Our trip to Disneyland was absolutely perfect last year.  I did seriously find it 'the happiest place on earth'.  Maeve and I had the best time.  So, one night when Ann and Mike were down, we started chatting about Disneyland and how we love it -- you'd have thought we were drinking heavily by the following actions.  But, nope.  Not at all.  The next thing that happened was Ann got on the computer looked up flights and discovered there was a big seat sale.  And, by the end of the evening, we had all bought tickets to head down to Disneyland.  Ummm... What?  I guess we were all going to Disneyland.  Ha.  So, the end of September -- maybe not the most ideal timing as far as school (which may have been why the mood swings were in full effect), but Kaya and Zane had not yet returned to their classrooms since their teacher's strike back in June, and it seemed like the most reasonable plan.  I did have quite a bit of guilt of pulling Maeve so early, but at the end of the day, it was family time and fun.  

So, the trip was really fun and it was great to be with Ann and Mike, plus Kaya and Zane.  It was HOT though.  Like, way too hot.  There was a heat wave happening and it was in the 90's.  And, the lines.  There were too many people.  Where did they all come from??  Australia, apparently.  Who knew.  It was kind of a bummer as we expected far fewer people.  But we persevered and had a great time regardless.

And, as much fun as we had -- this trip did confirm to me that I wasn't, in fact, one of those crazy disney people after all.  I was starting to doubt myself with such a quick repeat trip.  But, nothing beats our first trip, which was truly magical.  This trip was great and fun, but not quite so magical.  So, I'm glad I'm not one of those crazy people since a) people won't judge me and b) it should save me money.

We land at LAX and Maeve fell asleep on my lap as we taxied to the gate. 

We arrived early in the day, therefore we were able to have a solid pool day -- complete with a beer poolside.  I felt welcomed to California, properly. 

Maeve was so excited to swim -- and swim with Kaya and Zane, especially.  I wasn't actually aware of how good her swimming had gotten over the summer, since I wasn't present at most of her swim lessons through her day care.  And, when I say good -- I mean, she won't drown when she jumps into the pool and can swim to the ladder.  We still need a little work on technique, but I like the progress.  It is a fun new transition when you simply have to be on high alert at the poolside, but you don't actually have to be in the pool all the time any more.   

I even managed to sneak in a quick visit with Sofie at Whittier...

Mickey ears - check.

Zane, crazy Maeve, and Kaya.

Waiting to head into Disneyland.  So excited.

Thought we'd take a morning drive around Autotopia...

My partner in crime...

Cotton Candy... treat of choice.  

Ann and Maeve taking on the rest of us...

Hilarious picture since you can barely see the kids.  Wow, this ride is fun.  It was closed last year...

We were very happy to do the Grizzly River Run to cool off...

More silliness...

We ran into Doc McStuffins this time around...

Here we go...  Splash mountain.  One of Maeve's favorite rides.

I'm surprised Maeve didn't fall out of any of the rides -- during all the drops and turns, she always chose to plug her ears instead of hold on.  

Zane and Maeve liked to learn how to fly at Goofy's sky school...

Sofia the First was able to stop and say 'hi'...

The Royal Theatre...

Just hangin' with Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder
Disney fun :-)

No comments: