Sunday, October 26, 2014

Beach House Weekend...

So, we fit in a Beach House Weekend a couple of weeks back.  It was crazy and chaotic, but oddly relaxing and fun too.  Now, I recognize the difference of bringing in a 5 year old, versus a baby or toddler... there was a lot less stress and a lot more lounging on my part.  So, I think if I accounted for everybody, we had 11 children between the ages of 10 months and 5 years, and only 7 adults.  Crazy?  Probably.  Worth it?  Totally :-)

We decided to put the big kids in charge of the littles... 5 year olds are responsible, right? 

The Beach House is just relaxing... I will never get tired of the view and setting. 

S'mores! 

Professional marshmallow roaster (only because she likes them charred... doesn't seem that hard to me, but who am I to say?  Ha). 

Sugar before bedtime... Woot woot. 

Of course I took a picture of Peyton eating Maeve's shoe instead of taking it away from her... 

And, of course we let Chelsea watch almost all the kids on the beach.  We eventually sent reinforcements.... eventually. 

Sweet Sienna... 

Beach!  So pretty. 

Maeve and Clara... kindred spirits. 

Pumpkin farm... Peyton doesn't smile a lot, so Maeve was trying to help her out, I guess.  Ha. 

My sweet, crazy girl... 

I realized at some point there was no time to go to the pumpkin patch this year, so I saw a sign for this pumpkin farm and decided this would be our 'pumpkin patch' experience this year.  Check.

Peyton wobbling down the road 

As always, the kids stripped their clothes and ran around naked.  And, apparently the frigid water temperatures were a non-issue either.  

Have to include the requisite, 'Amy reading to all the kids' photo. 

 Ummm... those eyes.

Crafting...

This Beach House Weekend has now been renamed the, "Remember that time we went to the Beach House and Ruby came down with Hand Foot Mouth Disease and then subsequently 5 of the kids and one parent (who wasn't even at the Beach House) also all came down with Hand Foot Mouth Disease too?  That was fun."  (Not us.  Phew :-)) Ha ha.  What are you going to do?  Its just an immune system boost.  That's all.

No comments: