Sunday, September 14, 2014

Family....

I am so lucky to have such a supportive and helpful family.  I don't have pictures to accompany most of the help that I've received recently, but its been pretty amazing how my family has stepped up to help this past month.  We make fun of our own family traits, but at the end of the day, we are there for each other.  As we joked about today, I'm more of the taker than the giver at the moment... ha.  But, someone's got to give and someone's got to take.  I mean, if it has to be me, so be it :-)

Before kindergarten started, Maeve was pretty anxious and generally wanted me close by.  Well, there was a week at the end of the summer that I didn't have child care.  So Maeve headed to Vancouver for a total of 3 nights, and I owe my Dad and Lynn a bottle of scotch, I'm pretty sure.  They took care and entertained a little homesick child.  Poor thing, but I'm sure that felt like a long 3 days for all involved.  My mom and Jamie also had Maeve for a night, which was also super helpful.  I brought my niece, Taryn, down to do some babysitting for me too, so the week was patched together and Maeve got some serious family time in.

My mom answered the call for help with the slow start kindergarten happening, and stayed nine nights. Not only was she awesome to help cover watching Maeve during the middle of the day, between Kindergarten and her after school program, she cooked up a storm and did a ton of errands.  I always acquire more kitchen gadgets on these types of visits too.  We're set.

The last three weekends, Stacy and Taryn have been down, and two of those weekends, Todd and Kate also joined in on the fun.  We got school shopping done, my desk is organized, my pantry  organized, my garburator is fixed, my garage is clean, my BBQ is fixed, I have a new desk chair, my toilet is fixed.  AND..... I have a new shed!  We have a little bit more work left of the shed, but its basically done (who knew how long it takes and how many parts go into building a shed?).  I mean, my family is a rock star.  Maeve and I are very lucky... 

Taryn... her cousin LOVES her. 

The part where we're having a lot of fun.  Ha.

Maeve wanted in on the action.  She came down with her tools and drill to 'help'. 

Who needs a roof.  This is good, right?  Beer time :-)

Almost done.  Let's hope that roof is still on there... 

In the middle of it all, Maeve had a soccer game that Taryn helped cheer at....

No comments: