Saturday, July 19, 2014

Not Quite PG Playlists...

So, a huge turn of events have happened in our car.  Maeve will actually ask to listen to my music.  That hasn't happened in..... well ever, in her whole lifetime.  So, to say that I am excited, is a bit of an understatement.  I happily obliged and quickly realized that I needed to do a little censoring of my playlists.  The girl is perceptive and hears everything... I used to think, pre-Maeve era, if I'm going to buy a song, I will buy the original version, since that was how it was intended and who was I to mess with art.  Well, I wish I realized that little ears would be listening to these songs many years later.  So there are certain songs like Blurred Lines and Booty Call that automatically get skipped now.

Fast forward to this morning.  I put on a U2 concert DVD and Maeve is paying attention to it... I guess she thinks that Bono sounds like G Love (interesting... I'm failing as a parent) and turns to me... 'Oh my gosh, if he sings "Booby Call" we're totally going to have to skip it!'


No comments: