Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lake Wenatchee Camping

Well, we had the Preschool graduation, and then Maeve had an impromptu sleepover at Ellie and Jake's house.  Which is why, you will see Maeve wearing that awesome outfit in another set of photos.  Ha.  Ellie and Maeve have become best friends this year in school.  An added bonus is that I really dig Ellie's parents too.  So, we decided we needed to camp together.  

The requisite campsite photo... 

Jake, Ellie, and Maeve act like siblings a lot of the time because they know each other so well.  All three of them are in the same class together.   

Maeve and I see eye-to-eye on a lot of things, but we definitely go our separate ways when it comes to the roasting of the marshmallow.  I prefer mine the way it sounds -- roasted.  Nice and golden brown.  Maeve enjoys hers charred.  To each their own, I guess.  But, I'm right :-) 

S'mores 

Too bad Maeve doesn't like them.  Ha. 

To prove that there was a lake where we camped.  

And, then the highlight of the camping trip -- Horseback riding.   

Prom photo. 

 Obviously they are hovered around a big pile of horse poop.  Why wouldn't you?  Because then it gives you an excuse to laugh and talk about poop all day long.

And, proof that we went horseback riding... 

Group shot. 

Ellie LOVES horses... 

Maeve likes horses well enough... 

No, we are not buying you that horse.  

On our last day, we visited the fruit stand/market, complete with all sorts of kid activities.

The water balloon launch was a big hit by all 

Jake even hit the target - bullseye. 

Great friends. 

I've never really played ball with Maeve... this photo reminds me, maybe I should do that.  Poor kid. 

And the day is not complete until you've ridden the cow train.

I love this shot...

Maeve didn't want to feed the animals directly from her hand... although she really did want to.  I had to take it for the team and feed the animals directly from my hand even though I didn't really want to.  Yuck.

Sugar loaded up those kids before we hit the road....

No comments: