Sunday, April 13, 2014

Grandpa Called into Action...

Grandpa was called down for Maeve duty so I could have a minor surgery on my head because of too many years of frying myself as a kid.  Why didn't my parents make me wear sunscreen?  Ha ha.  I think I know exactly the moment that led to Moh's Surgery -- one fateful spring skiing day when I was in Grade 8.  Anywho, life is good and all is well.  I was laughing in the waiting room as everyone waiting around had gauze attached somewhere to their head or face (see guy behind me...).  My hair looks awesome here too...


So Grandpa ran Maeve around to her dance class and gymnastics.... and played with her too.  What I didn't realize is that I would need him for when I got home too... I was a bit low on energy and the Vicodin made me feel, let's say, relaxed.... 

So, here they are playing, you guessed it, "Rat-a-tat Cat" 

Poor Grandpa only won one game... here she is counting up her points so she can laugh at him. 

My war wound...  Man, I need to do something about those gray's... 

1 comment:

Karen Gerstenberger said...

Wow, those are some fancy stitches! Your patients are going to feel right at home when they see those babies. I often wonder what it's like for caregivers to be patients, and hope that your experience was a good one. I also hope that you don't need any more of those removals.