Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Growing Up...

My girl is growing up.  I attended a information session tonight at the elementary school she'll be attending next year, and I'm so excited.  Its a great school and I'm excited for all the things in store for Maeve.  I'm not terribly excited that our lives will be dictated by the school schedule now though, but it is inevitable, and that's about the only thing that seems like a bummer.  I have her all signed up for an after school program that seems great too.  So...  I guess we're sort of ready.  But, we'll enjoy these last few months of freedom before our life gets a bit more complicated -- I'll have to figure out how to work with early release days, stat holidays, professional days, and school breaks, just like all these other families.  


On a side note -- the rain stopped so we decided to hit the local beach/park.  It was short lived because I'm a wimp and it was cold... but, it was beautiful and fun while it lasted :-)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You're such an amazingly fun and energetic mom! I wish I could be around you so that I could absorb some more of that! And what an energetic little one. I love reading about your life together. It always makes me happy!