Saturday, January 11, 2014

A New Year...

(All dressed up and ready to take the metro bus... gotta look good at all times :-))

"Good grief...." is heard a lot around here.  Apparently Charlie Brown resonates with the little one.  And, don't fall for the innocent request for a hug or a look at your tummy or something, because you'll immediately be attacked by a raspberry to the neck, arm, stomach...  And, its funny every.single.time.

Its a new year and, although I'm not one for resolutions typically, we have a couple this year.  We have banned all electronics Monday to Friday in our house.  I was done with the meltdowns post watching something, and tired of whining and flopping around asking to watch something during the rest of the day.  I have to say, already I love these non-electronic days.  She actually plays with her toys and crafts so much more.  And, I can threaten her with no electronics on the weekend if she starts asking for it on Monday through Friday.  Its a win-win.  The only exception to the rule will be if we need to do hair mid-week as I can't imagine not having that distraction...  The second change we're implementing is less sugar and treats.  I swear everywhere we go, there is an excuse to have some sort of treat.  Although we're not a dessert family, I realized that we were indulging way too much.  I'm hoping these two changes will make some mood swings less dramatic.  Ha.  Oh, and the 'green clock' has reappeared in our life so that we don't have to get out of bed before 7:30am on our non-work/school days... although, that apparently doesn't stop the waking up earlier than that.  Maybe in time that will change.  One can always hope.

Its still so crazy to me how big Maeve is getting and the conversations we are having... she's no longer a little kid, but getting to be a big kid with questions and ideas.  She is still as dramatic as always and keeps life very interesting.


No comments: