Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Our Annual Tradition...

There are a lot of things to celebrate around the Thanksgiving weekend...  its close to our 'Family Day', usually Stacy's birthday lands on the weekend, and of course, Thanksgiving.  Todd, Stacy, Taryn, and Kate have come down for the last few years on this weekend, and we keep evolving our annual tradition.  This year, we actually celebrated Thanksgiving together.  Growing up in Canada, US Thanksgiving has often just been a bonus holiday that I celebrate with friends etc, but I had to work this year on Thanksgiving, so Todd, Stacy and Kate came down a day early (Taryn had to stay behind this year for a dance commitment... boo) and entertained Maeve for me.  We had our big turkey dinner on Friday and we declared it 'Lounge Weekend'.  It was the perfect mix of playing, shopping, eating, and relaxing....

Our "Thanksgiving Tree" 

Todd and Stacy 

Thanksgiving Dinner... with birthday party hats, as it was Birthday weekend too.  Maeve took 'Lounge Weekend' to heart and never changed out of her jammies on Friday.  Hey, why not?

What?  Its fine, right? 

Getting the tree has become part of our annual tradition too... 

And, Maeve taunting her cousin.... its about right, too. 

Decorating the tree with her cousin (we missed Taryn).  

Final touches...

We amped up our festive spirit to include outdoor lights this year.  So fun. 

Happy, cozy, and festive... 

Thank you so much Todd, Stacy, and Kate.  Todd - for helping around my house and fixing odd things here and there, and helping make the best turkey soup ever... of course.  Kate - thanks for being the best cousin and playing with Maeve ALL weekend long, and even babysitting her one night while we hit up the movie theater.  And, Stacy -- for decluttering and reorganizing my house ONCE AGAIN.  Oh how I love this gift of yours.  Two runs to Goodwill and a ridiculous amount of garbage and recycling... Now I have my spare room back, the storage closet totally organized and emptied, my kitchen cupboards totally reorganized, all of Maeve's toy's organized, my laundry closet is reorganized... what else did I miss?  Thank you for always helping and putting a fire under me.  I love you all so much....  

No comments: