Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Isabelle.... the Elf


Santa sent us an Elf.  We borrowed our friend's "Elf on the Shelf" book and DVD, and are now aware of the rules of engagement.  She needed a name, so Maeve named her Isabelle.  Maeve practically laughed in my face when I told her Isabelle was real.  "No, she's not... she's just pretend!"  But, I insisted and her skepticism turned into curiosity, which then turned into complete belief. I kept seeing her sneak peeks at Isabelle throughout the morning and by evening, she was telling me all about the rules and why she can't talk to us.  She just woke up while I was typing this asking me if Isabelle is still on the shelf... apparently she's even dreaming about her.  Awesome.  I figure, this can only be a good thing....

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I bought one two years ago for the child I was hoping would one day be mine. It still sits waiting in my wardrobe. I have ordered another for the little girls that live upstairs in my building. I think the older one may be a bit like Maeve! My friend told me tonight there is a helpful website for parents listing all sorts of possibilities if you get short of ideas. Have fun with Isabelle!!! I will be watching for some fun posts.