Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Witches...

This one here has decided she's afraid of witches.  Fair enough.  I'm not sure what the catalyst of this newfound fear was, but I've decided its a thorn in my side.  Maeve kind of jokes about it and says she knows that witches aren't real, only imaginary, but I do see there is some hesitancy around it all -- thankfully its not terror, that would be aweful.  The thorn is that she won't leave my side all day and wants to be in the same room with me at all times -- even to the point that when I took a shower this morning, she fashioned herself between the shower curtains and lay on the tub rim, waiting for me to finish.  She won't head upstairs or downstairs by herself right now either.  On top of it all, she's in a particularly affectionate phase at the moment.  Really, super sweet, but without ever being further than an arms length away from her at the moment, I am feeling slightly smothered.  Ha.  Fortunately she goes to bed easily and will stay in her room upstairs... not sure why that's any different than the rest of the day, but I don't question good things.  Go away witches and leave Maeve alone.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Can you buy Maeve a fancy "magic" wand or make one. This wand, maybe a special princess wand, could be used to magically banish the witches or turn them into good witches. Don't know if it would work, but might be worth a try. I used to make magic potions when I was little. I think I used things like toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, safe things, but anything my little hands could reach around the tub. Hope the witches have a quick departure from your place in order to get ready for Halloween. I think there are a few Halloween books with good or funny witches. Room on a Broom was popular with my grade ones.