Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend was great -- it was very low key and mellow, but the weather was perfect and warmer than predicted.  I hung out with all members of my family, north of the border, and also caught up with some old friends -- a mini high school reunion, if you will.  Tilly was in town for just one more day before we flew back to NZ, so Shari was called out to join in on the fun, along with Ann and myself.  We had an impromptu pool party at the house Tilly was squatting at (ha ha).  Fun times... 

I had to head north as Maeve spent the week before with all her relatives, getting spoiled, no doubt.  Her daycare was closed and so everyone pitched in to help.  I am extremely lucky and grateful that I have my family as a close resource.  It seemed like the perfect way to wrap up the summer trips and activities in my hometown.  I failed to photograph a family reunion on my stepdad's side... but it was fun to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in years.  I was so exhausted by summer activities by that point, I just sat and ate instead.  Ha.

Tilly and Ann 

Here we are... Class of 1991 

Maeve was playing in the hot tub... 

We spent a day with Grandma and Grandpa and I said I wanted to go on an adventure... so we headed to Lynn Canyon.  It was a little busy on the holiday weekend, but great to be out and hiking a little. 



Family Shot... 

"I'm the leader!" 

Watching the cliff divers... 



We did a couple of loops in the park and then had a climb back to the top.  We nearly lost a couple along the way.  Ha.

No comments: