Sunday, August 11, 2013

Referral Anniversary...

Four years ago today I had 'the call'.  Its amazing how fast time has flown and here I am 4 years later with a spunky preschooler.  Here are the 4 pictures that were sent with my referral information, and I just remember I would study these photos for hours in wonder.  I cannot help but think of Maeve's birth mom on this day and again, realize how brave and selfless she really is.  How lucky that she has entrusted me with such an amazing person to raise.  I am the lucky one.






Tonight we decided to go out for dinner at Maeve's choice, and Dan and Sofie joined us (the rest of the gang, minus one, had jet setted elsewhere and missed out).  Maeve was a bit wild (could have been the 3.5 hour marathon hair session this afternoon where I killed more of her brain cells by allowing that much TV in one sitting.... Why oh why did I put a ponytail in her hair for camp?  We both paid royally.  I digress...).

Happy Referral Anniversary, sweet Maeve.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

What a cutie pie! How old was she was in those photos? You can almost see the spunk in her and her beautiful eyes back then!