Saturday, August 10, 2013

Its All Downhill, So 'They' Say..... Nah.

Almost a couple of weeks ago I turned 40.  Its hard to believe, as I remember that sounding really old when I was a kid, but nevertheless the age caught up with me and here I am.  I don't really care.  40 is the new 30, and 30 was really good to me.  So, I'm embracing it and buying more boxes of hair dye these days instead, when I get around to it, that is.  I had a great celebratory week...  

My actual birthday was low key, and very nice....

I told Maeve it was my birthday about an hour after she woke up, and she promptly suggested that we go get a fancy breakfast to celebrate.  Sounded good to me.   


And then Melanie and Peyton came over to celebrate, bringing lots of goodies.  Maeve was making sure Peyton smiled for the photo.  Ha. 


I was too full to eat my cupcake when Melanie was still over, so we filmed the birthday song to text her instead.  Pretty sweet, I thought. (Oh yeah, Maeve is often without key items of her wardrobe while hanging around the house.... what can I say.  She likes to be au naturel)...

I considered Friday my real birthday, however... I fled the house in the morning with a magazine in hand and sat in a coffee shop, like a carefree person does.  Then I wandered down to the spa to meet my friend, Lynn, and we totally got pampered with pedicures and massages.  Off to lunch we went and then to dessert.  It was a life that I'm quite certain I could get used to.  (Lynn thankfully brought this obnoxious hat that her mom made her wear the year before, so that we could capture the moment.  Ha).

And, my sweet friends, Amy and Amber threw me a birthday party that night.  It was just ridiculously nice of them and I totally appreciate it.  It was fun to see my friends from different circles all together.  Here are some party shots... 








Melanie made the most amazing cake... and all the food and drinks were fantastic.  I'm so lucky to have such great friends to celebrate with (and throw me a party).

Of course we had to get a group photo of the original posse...  

Great birthday.  Forty is starting off pretty great, I have to say.  Thanks Mom and Elin for coming down to watch Maeve during all the festivities and pampering.

No comments: