Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lake Wenatchee Camping Trip

This past weekend we stayed in the Cascades and ventured to Lake Wenatchee.  The weather has been beautiful for a long time (yay!!), and it was no exception in the mountains...  One afternoon on our camping trip, the rest of the gang watched Maeve for me while I was able to take my nieces and tube down the river to Leavenworth.  It was so fun this time -- I did it years ago when the kids were about 6-8 years old, and they didn't paddle and they kept unhooking themselves etc....  much more enjoyable for this Auntie this time round.

Friday was super windy, so it was fun to go to the lake and play near the water...

Avery and Maeve

Maeve did a nice job of getting pretty wet...

My nieces came along on this camping trip -- here is Kate.

I love watching kids be free...

"You will stand here and get your photo taken with your mom!"  I lost.  Ha.

Color session with Maeve, Avery, and Kate...

We got to sites together... It was perfect. 

Paul, Paul, and Kolleen were a part of the fun too... 

Taryn, who used to be an avid reader before electronics took over her teenage brain.  But, because I don't allow electronics on my camping trips, she actually finished a book! 

Chris took the girls on a scavenger hunt... Apparently one of them was in trouble, so they both decided to pout.  Ha.

Amber and Gerrit 

Leann brought her posh camping chair... I'd say it was a hit. 

The girls traded a flip-flop all weekend...  

Dance moves by Avery... 

Dance moves by Maeve... 

The cousins... 

Our camping crew... 

Making a train... 

Char joined us for the last night...

Crammed in for our car ride home.  We got STUCK in holiday traffic on the way back.  Thankfully we stopped for our coffees at the Espresso Chalet (I stop every time because they make the best drinks) right before we hit the parking lot... par-tay!  Great weekend camping, once again.

No comments: