Sunday, June 23, 2013

Father's Day...

Well, Maeve and I were a week late in making "Grandpa's/Pop's/Godfather's" day crafts, so its only fitting that the Father's Day post is a week delayed too (shhhhh... don't tell them, they haven't received them yet).  

I have the best dad in the world... I love him.  He has a quiet nature to him, but its in those less hectic moments that I know how much he loves me.... and Maeve.  We are so lucky.....


Maeve is very cognizant that she doesn't have a dad.  She will tell people, unprompted, that she doesn't have a dad, but that she has a birth dad.  She also tells people that she has special people in her life -- her Grandpa, Lollipop, and her Godfather's -- Dan and Mike.

Both Dan and Mike make special time for Maeve.  Almost every time we visit up north, Mike makes a point of taking Maeve out on a date.  Dan also takes Maeve on dates, and so kindly goes to Maeve's "Father's Day" parties at school and other special events happening locally... I am so appreciative of both of them for normalizing our unique family and making Maeve feel extra loved.  Here is Dan at Maeve's school party this week...



And, I think we can safely assume we know Maeve's love language...  ha.


No comments: