Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Its another year that concretely reminds myself that I am so lucky to be Maeve's mommy.  I honestly can't even fathom life without her... I absolutely love being her mom, even when she's driving me crazy!  Ha.  Maeve gives me such joy, unconditional love, laughter, patience, and purpose.  Its the best.  

I am so thankful for my own mother -- she is always on my side, loves me, and always willing to help.  I'm sure I drive her crazy too, but I have, no doubt, made her more patient in life too.  Ha.

I am also so thankful for Maeve's other mother figures in her life -- her Godmother's - Ann and Annie.  They embrace her with their love, time, and encouragement.  Things that help her grow up feeling secure and wanted.  

I can't help but think of Maeve's birth mom lately.  What a gift that we are in contact and Maeve knows how much her birth mom loves her too.  She is such a selfless, strong, and loving person.  Maeve is lucky to have come from such an amazing person.  

Happy mother's day to everyone... I'm aware this holiday is bittersweet for many people I know.  To you guys out there -- xoxo 


Working on her Mother's day art...  (yeah, they're late in the mail... sorry!)




We had a mother's day party at Maeve's school and all the kids were so excited to host a tea party.  It was pretty darn cute.  Maeve spoke her words of wisdom, and made me this beautiful piece of art we are hanging on our wall.  Adorbs.

We had a great day today... nothing terribly exciting, but we were both in very happy moods.  We ended our day at an Ethiopian restaurant, which we were both excited about.  I love my sweet, sassy, mischievous, little thing...  even though I have a few more gray hairs and drink more these days just to cope sometimes.  ha ha.

No comments: