Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Perfectly Great Weekend...

It was a well rounded weekend, that's for sure.  Maeve spent a couple of nights with her Gran and Pop, which gave me the perfect excuse to loaf around and enjoy a responsibility-free weekend.  Ahhhh.... it felt good.  I haven't had a Maeve-free night since October, I think... I had to force myself to sleep-in.  Unfortunately the body has been trained to wake up throughout the night and get up early... But don't worry -- both mornings I did not arise from bed until close to 9am... so nice.  I wasn't nearly as productive as I had dreamed of being.  Oh well.  The weather was beautiful and I  managed walks and I also pulled the road bike down and gave it a whirl... the weehoo is now attached to that instead of my clunker.  We're ready.  I managed friend time too... with a little Maeve catch-up on Sunday afternoon.  Perfect.

Getting into her Rapunzel dress at Gran's... 

She had a playdate with Ann, Mike, Kaya, and Zane... and she refused to take off the dress.  There is glitter EVERYWHERE.  Apparently Mike looked like he'd been working at a princess factory after Maeve was done with him... ha

While Maeve was playing up north, I was playing here with friends.  Out for dinner with Dan, Annie and kids...  Super fun.

Why were we all out for dinner?  We were celebrating Sofie and her adoption day! Such a great great girl.... how lucky we are that she's in our lives.

 The next night I had dinner out with some of the girls... and then we meandered over for some ice cream for dessert...

I met my mom, picked up Maeve, and then we headed over to Amber, Chris, Avery, and Gerrit's house for a little Cinco de Mayo backyard fun.  I am afraid that every picture of Maeve from here on out will be in some sort of princess dress... 

 Oh wait!  Here she is in one of Avery's regular dresses.  Hallelujah!  The Cinco de Mayo gang.  What a beautiful day... so nice and warm.  And, its supposed to be nice ALL WEEK.  Woot woot.  We Pacific Northwesterners get rather giddy at the prospect of sunshine and warmth.  

No comments: