Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Random Tidbits....

We are full-on and I feel exhausted all the time.  Physically and mentally... she's wearing me out!  ha ha.  We've been up to a lot, but haven't travelled out of town in a few weeks, so that's been nice.  Maeve is a social being... Nature vs nurture?  Hard to tell, but I'm thankful, because I tend to want to be on the go a lot too.  We're thankful for our large circle of friends, and therefore want to play with them as much as possible.  

Speaking of friends... here are just a few of the kids and their mom's that Maeve had me draw.  The game was having those drawn guess who was who.   


Always one to accessorize.  Checking on the wee thing before heading to bed myself, I found that she had placed a flower to her sleeping cap at some point.  Hilarious... 


She LOVES to dance.   And, she loves her creative ballet class -- so, it was perfectly natural for her to put on her ballet slippers while watching an episode of Angela Ballerina, and try to mimic Angela's ballet moves....

As I so look forward to the 4's, with great hopes of a bit more reasonableness on someone's part (I'm not going to name names... eh hem, this one), Maeve is trying make the most of her 3's while they're still here.  What is up with the whining??  It is like nails down the chalkboard.  Honestly.  We have very good moments, and then not so good moments.  I try my best parenting skills to not respond to whines... I have my good moments and not so good moments too.  I feel like if you get a whining day, that's your lot.  Some days there's no whining at all (when she's at daycare... ha ha).  Anywho, it'll pass.  right?

Also, I do believe that Maeve honestly thinks that she's in charge.  I mean, really.  And, I am just a thorn in her side when I'm the GPS that keeps rerouting her.  She will tell me repeatedly that she wants to do something even though it was denied in round 1 - "but I reeeeaaaally want to watch TV" (escalating in the whine too, I might add)... Good thing I love her so much.  My friend is dealing with similar behavior in their house and they've just made it a drinking game.  For every whine there is wine.   Ha ha.

No comments: