Sunday, April 14, 2013

New House Rules...

It would be hard to miss from our photos of late, but chances are you've noticed that Maeve has a favorite "princess dress" that she can be found wearing ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME.  Now, anyone that knows me is aware that I'm not a fan of the big princess movement, but I embrace dress-up and accessorizing.  And, well, despite Maeve not being aware of 90% of who the Disney princesses are, she is still enamored by the whole phenomenon...  I don't buy her Disney-wear, but she does get hand-me-downs, which had this gem in it.  Generally, I do allow Maeve to express herself however she chooses, most of the time (which is pretty adorable, I have to say).  However, because we are literally wearing this dress all day, every day, I felt like I needed to set some limits and categorize it as a dress-up gown, which can be worn at all times while at home.  Is that mean?  But, I'd prefer it not to feel like Groundhog's Day, every day...



No comments: