Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Family Weekend...

Maeve and I headed over to Whidbey Island for the weekend for a little down time.  With being sick last week, and our general fast paced life, I felt like we needed to regroup.  There has been some challenging behavior that I was hoping to turn around with some more purposeful one:one time.  Turns out, its just 3 year old behavior...  ha.  I have my eye on the prize... 4 is coming up in a couple of months and I have grand hopes and dreams that all things will be perfect again.  :-)

While we were on Whidbey we visited with Sarah, Lila, and Emma...  Sarah is the rock star plugging away at caring for a 2 year old and 6 month old while her husband, James, is in the middle of a six month deployment... It was really nice to see them and spend the afternoon playing.

Maeve practicing her name with chalk art... Lila beautifying the driveway... 

Who doesn't love a pinwheel? 

right?

Back at the cabin for some rejuvenating... Ahhhh...  Thank you Annie and Dan for always being so willing to share your cabin with us.  

A little bike riding on the deck... don't worry, she didn't plummet down the side of the cliff.   

Beach time for some rock throwing... it was stormy though, so we didn't last that long. 


My favorite part of the weekend... games by the fire. 

And, a little swing action... Although, Maeve didn't enjoy the instability aspect -- it made her use her stomach muscles.  I can appreciate how that doesn't feel very good.  ha ha.

No comments: