Sunday, March 3, 2013

Coeur D'Alene...

So, we decided to road trip east this time -- over to Idaho.  My old friend, Steph left me for marriage about 9 years ago and ventured to Alaska before settling down in Coeur D'Alene.  The nerve.  Ha.  So, it had been forever, and since I didn't even realize that she had a fourth child until I saw their Christmas card, I figured it was time for a catch up trip.  And, clearly we were traveling to them...  Four kids between the ages of 7 years and 9 months.  Did I mention Steph is homeschooling them?  Wowza... I shall never complain of being busy.  There is no way this could be my life... ha ha.

Off and running.  The first thing Maeve wanted to do was wear Abbey's fancy dress and then put on her jacket for playing outside.  Steph and Craig make their kids small.  Abbey just turned 3 but is significantly smaller than Maeve...  so the clothing choices looked awesome.


Bonding over Angelina Ballerina... 


Checking out Lake Couer D'Alene... 


Steph so kindly purchased the "Mudgy Moose" book for Maeve, so we had to wander the town to try and find him.  Here she is showing Caleb Mudgy...


It is quite difficult to get a regular smile out of Maeve these days... she likes to practice silly faces...  Sadly, I get this same eye roll when things aren't going her way.  Yes, I'm trying to nip that.

Or... I get a posed photo...


Or, I get something like this...  but, Steph looks good.  :-)


We headed up to Steph's parent's cabin for some adventure.  In days past we would just sit out on their deck and look at the beautiful view with a refreshing drink in hand.  Things have changed since then... ha.  The kids went 4 wheeling.  I went snowmobiling...  all good fun. 


The crew (minus Craig, the photographer)... 


Our family photo... 


Steph and Craig's family photo... 

Eli... ever the gentleman -- holding Maeve's hand on our walk.

It was a great trip and certainly lots of fun.  These kind of trips are always fun for reminiscing...  My, how our lives have changed... :-)

1 comment:

McSpeert said...

love seeing that Elizabeth's coat is making the rounds!