Saturday, February 9, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect...

Living in the city is fun, and has a lot of opportunity -- but what it isn't ideal for is riding bikes and scooters.  Its possible where we live, but not great for learning -- and therefore Maeve isn't that interested in investing any time in really learning how to ride.  So, because I knew we were going to be down for a week in prime bike riding and scooter territory, I asked my mom to look for a used bike and scooter.  She did her job well as Maeve was booking it down the road by the end of the week and successfully making turns.  





We also went swimming everyday, and Maeve decided during this trip that she really wanted to swim... and she mostly figured it out, except for the minor fact of getting her head above water.  But, I was so happy and impressed with her motivation.  By the end of the trip she was pushing me away and swimming towards the middle of the pool, thinking she really didn't need me (she really did... minor thing called breathing), and would also belly flop dive in the opposite direction that I was standing... So, the child needs constant supervision in the pool, obviously, but I couldn't be happier.  She is signed up for swimming lesson starting next week to keep up the momentum...

Oh... and let me tell you, she was a great sleeper in AZ this trip... gotta love pool time :-)



Here's a quick glance at Maeve learning to swim...

No comments: