Saturday, February 9, 2013

Grandpa B...

My sweet Grandpa passed away a few weeks ago... He lived a long and happy life for 95 years -- playing golf right up until a few months ago.  He also enjoyed a life of flying airplanes for pleasure -- and then talking about flying, as true pilots do.  He was always happy and proud of his family.  It is sad that he is no longer with us, but I know that I was lucky to have him for as long as I did.  Maeve and I traveled down to Arizona last week to spend time with family and celebrate my Grandpa... It was a lovely trip.

I had been able to see my Grandpa every year since my Mom and Jamie decided to snowbird in AZ in their neighborhood... 


And, I'm so glad that Maeve was able to spend time with her Great Grandpa B -- this was taken last Spring... 


He and my Grandma were married for 74 years!  


All my cousins were able to fly out to celebrate Grandpa's life except one, who unexpectedly fell ill the day before he was to fly out... and my sister has a valid excuse for not making it due to the fact that she lives in Australia. 

 Maeve plowing through the photo shoot...  "Waaaaatch Out!!"

A family reunion in honor of Grandpa...

Grandma with Wayne and Toni -- who I have such a sweet spot for... 

 Occasionally we manage to get dressed up and look presentable... 

Enjoying the sunshine between the service and celebration dinner...

What's Arizona if there isn't golf cart rides around the neighborhood??

Maeve enjoyed her breakfasts outside on her table... 

Uncle Todd trying to steal Maeve's cereal...

Taking every opportunity to fancify -- wearing Ashley's high heels... 

 The only street she's allowed to play right in the middle of...

 Posing before pool time...

 4 Generations with my loving and strong Grandma...

 Maeve wouldn't take out her thumb... so, we thought we'd join her...

1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy to see photos of your family's wonderful closeness and mutual support; how lovely that you could gather to honor his life. Bless your grandma and all of the family.