Sunday, January 27, 2013

More "Days in the Life"...

We have been plugging away with things over here, with a bit of sickness on my part last weekend.  I am lucky, I don't get sick that often, but when I do, I think I'm a bit of a baby.... I don't want to do anything nor do I want to be responsible for anything.  I remember days past when I could lay horizontal on the couch and watch bad TV or movie marathons all weekend long, just waiting for my illness to pass.... but, these days -- it doesn't work quite like that.  That being said, the TV was on significantly more than normal in our house... I told Maeve we would have a "crazy" weekend and watch some movies...  and, after all was well again in my world, Maeve carried on requesting another "crazy" weekend. Ha ha.

On either side of that weekend, we've managed some fun things...

We had some really sunny days before we were hit with fog, so we jumped on the bike for a cold ride to the beach.  But, sunny days confuse Maeve into thinking its summer (a casualty of being a Pacific Northwesterner, I'm afraid...), so she was certain she wanted a revel instead of the hot chocolate I was trying to push...

We met Avery at the roller rink for a try at roller skating.  Let's just say my arms and back appreciate the angel who came over to us after several times around the rink, and informed me about tightening the wheels on her rental skates.  Prior to that, it was like Maeve trying to run on water or something... very unsuccessfully.  Hallelujah... skating instantaneously became fun for both of us.  

We still are in dress-up glory...  No opportunity to accessorize is missed.  She said to me the other day that she wanted to teach me how to become fancy...


Case in point -- she had to wear her 'fancy' shoes to skiing, and then was going to be okay about putting her ski boots on.  After the day of skiing was all said and done, the 'fancy' shoes were put back on...


We're in a bit of a blackout situation here at home.  If possible, all lights must be off, so that headlamps and flashlights can be utilized at all times...


We're so lucky to be living near the zoo... we decided to visit some animals the other day...

I'm not sure "love" adequately explains how Maeve feels about her creative ballet class...

Our nails were in dire need of color, apparently....


We were fortunate to have a visit with Daphne and Fiona... Too bad I didn't capture dress-up photos.  They were in their glory...

Life is full and interesting these days.  I am always amazed at Maeve's imagination and story-telling, complete with passionate facial expressions and body gestures.  For some reason we are often needing to be quiet as some random creature is sleeping close-by.  I have tried to stop her from shushing me, as its like nails down the chalkboard... a silent finger to the lips is sufficient, right? 

No comments: