Sunday, January 13, 2013

2nd Day of Skiing...

And it is still a success!!  I'm loving our new weekend tradition...  so fun, mostly.  Ha ha.  We headed up the hill with Amy and Bennett, and its fun for the kids to do this together.  And its fun for Amy and I to share a knowing look, laugh, or deep breath with.  At the end of the day, the kids totally improved, lasted a lot longer, and still want to come back for more.  Obviously, there was still a ton of candy bribing, but it gets the job done.  Maeve didn't fall once this time getting on or off of the magic carpet -- last weekend she fell almost every time.  What more can you ask for?  They are such little rock stars...

Amy was the brilliant one that suggested bringing the sled to eliminate 'the getting to and from the car conundrum' ie, my lazy bone jones, who doesn't want to walk.  Worked like a charm... 


Snow angels to start the day... 


It was beautiful today... Ahhhh... 


Here we are heading up the magic carpet together... 


We found Amy's dad up on the hill too...


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Dear Shauna,
I have been following your blog for almost two years now and connected with your journey through my friend's doula here in Vancouver.

I was nominated for a Liebster award by Gen over at Cinnamon Baby. We have been following each other's blog for almost a year now. We are both waiting to adopt. I decided to accept the award and have posted on my blog. In turn, I would like to nominate you for a Liebster award. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and following your blog. I am not a fan of chain letters or the like, but this award seems like it is harmless and sort of fun. To those of us waiting, it may be something to help us fill the time!

If you feel like accepting the award, have a look here: http://www.myadoptionjourney2011.blogspot.ca/2013/01/liebster-award.html or Gen's post on Cinnamon Baby. Please don't feel any pressure and I won't be offended if you don't participate. I know it is a lot to ask of those of you with little ones already at home.

Best wishes,
Elizabeth
P.S. Hope you guys get out on the slopes again soon!