Sunday, January 6, 2013

1st Day of Skiing!

I have to say there are so many fun experiences that you share with your children, but I was so excited to be able to open up the world of skiing to Maeve today... I do love skiing and my parents put me on my first set of skis when I was 2 1/2...  I knew that wasn't going to happen last year, and to be honest, we'll see what this season brings us, but I figured it was time to introduce the fun.  

Amy& Brent happened to be up on the mountain today for a similar experience for Bennett...  so, as I predicted, getting from the car to the ski hill was probably the most difficult part of the whole day.  We needed a snack before we even started.  Bennett and Clara didn't want their picture taken... 


 It is exhausting getting to the magic carpet... The whole point of the day was to have fun and introduce skiing... So, when we flopped down like this, I encouraged snow angels.  Miraculously, it worked...

and... catching snow flakes.  Anything to bring a smile and make it fun... 


Alright... we're getting somewhere now... We're in line for the magic carpet.  Having Bennett and Brent along for the fun was definitely helpful... 


Maeve managed to stop the magic carpet more than most, but once Maeve was firmly established on the conveyor belt, it was super fun... 


The happy skiers... 


Don't worry... Brent didn't ski with Clara on his back.  Maeve wanted to say hi to Bennett's very accommodating little sister... 


Oh, did I fail to mention that my pocket was full of M&M's and Sweet Tarts?  Oh yeah, there was major bribing going on... but, it totally worked. 


Family Shot...

Another family shot on the slopes... 


A tired skier eating her lunch and drinking a well deserved hot chocolate...  The day was an overall success... Maeve didn't do much skiing on her own, but she got the gist of how skiing felt when she went down with me, and was excited about it...  I think I'll be able to convince her to come back with me again :-)  

No comments: