Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Perfectly Great Weekend...

Not being a native of the United States, it took me a while to embrace this holiday as my own.  It had always been a bonus holiday, spent with friends who willingly invited me in.  Now that Maeve and I are our own family, I have embraced the Thanksgiving holiday even more so.  Its perfect.  

Maeve and I headed over to Chris and Amber's for the afternoon and enjoyed ourselves a fantastic turkey feast.  It was so great.

As good as a dinner shot that I managed.  Nice tongue sticking out, Maeve...   


Maeve has jumped onto the "pumpkin pie is the greatest" bandwagon.  Darn!  That means I have to share more of my pie! 


Our "Thanksgiving Tree" (Deep apologizes if your name isn't on there... I have no doubt that we are thankful for you too... I let Maeve pick our leaves, and well, if she hadn't seen or talked about you within the last few days, chances are you didn't make the cut) 


We have started a little tradition over the last couple of years where Todd, Stacy, Taryn, and Kate come down on Thanksgiving weekend.  Its so fun and just perfect.  We have so many fun things to celebrate within the week-- Thanksgiving, Family Day, and Stacy's birthday.  It was so much fun because we did some Black Friday shopping, ate homemade turkey noodle soup, went to a late movie because we had built-in cousin babysitters, lounged around on Saturday, got our Christmas tree, went out for dinner and another late movie (I love movies and never get to go anymore), celebrated Stacy's birthday, and the girls were able to decorate the Christmas tree together.  It was so great.  Stacy even helped me organize my house again, Todd fixed some toilets, and Stacy helped me clean my house... I mean, that's love!


The cousins! 


My beautiful niece, Taryn... 


My beautiful niece, Kate... 


And, my beautiful daughter, Maeve... 


 Todd and Taryn...


Sisters... 


It may have been earlier than I thought we would get our tree, but when you have free manual labor to help you get the thing upstairs and into the christmas tree stand, you decide Christmas should come early.   


We celebrated Auntie Stacy's birthday... 


The cousins were able to decorate the tree together... 


But, getting a candy cane to eat (because it 'accidently' broke during the hanging process) was the highlight, I'm pretty sure...

No comments: