Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Annual Camping Trip

This year the setting was less remote, but still beautiful.  We chose a very family friendly campground on Cultus Lake.  It was so fun!  We had five days together and both kids and adults had a great time.  Sadly, I brought my camera, but forgot my battery in the charger at home.  Grrrr.  Frustration.  Luckily we had our professional photographer on hand, Misha, that took a few shots of our time together.  One of the days we spent at the local water slides and it was so fun.  This is an example of things you haven't done since you were a kid, but now that you have little people running around, you get to relive your youth again.  We had our regular crew with us again this year -- Ann, Mike, Kaya, Zane, and CJ, Lance, Pax, Beckett,  and Misha, Mark, Daphne, Fiona, and myself, Maeve, as well as Taryn and Kate.  

Kaya and Daphne floatin' 


 Beach time...


They made it back to shore... 


Maeve... not super interested in getting her photo taken this trip...  


Kate and the boys...


Beckett and Fiona... 


Daphne and Kaya... 


Lance is really hungry...


 Our campground...


We had a theme night... any guesses? 


Crazy kids, says Maeve 


This one makes me laugh... 


 All the kids.  So fun.


 Silly girl...


 Cowboy Mike...


This provided much entertainment to me in the middle of the night... hearing all the chaos going on in the tent next door because the Aerobed sprung a leak, and then Mike sleeping on two reclining camp chairs instead.  


Fun fun times.  I will always enjoy this annual tradition.  I love that the kids are making solid memories too.

1 comment:

annieglan said...

Wow, these pictures are beautiful! It re instills my urge to move to the North West