Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Family Member...

So, there was a minor little hiccup on the return portion from Lincoln City.  Minor being, half an hour into our 5 hour drive home, my stupid car broke down.  Huge deep breath.  I've been hating on that car for awhile.  I had been perusing car listings and dreaming of a new vehicle.  Another huge deep breath.  My friends wait with me until the tow truck arrived and Maeve and I rode in style to Portland instead.  Thankfully my old roomie lives in Portland, so we ended up bookending our trip into and out of Lincoln City with her.  Long story, short... fortunately it didn't cost a fortune to fix the car and back home we went.  Within a couple of days my mom generously came down to watch Maeve while I focused on car business.  Goodbye Jetta.  Hello CR-V.  I couldn't be happier.  Its not new, but it seems brand new.  We now have a great camping car and can play in the mountains, come winter.  Initially Maeve wanted to call the car Rapunzel, and then Lightening McQueen - McQueen for short.  But, I think we've settled on Hank now.  

 Maeve getting some work done in the tow truck...


Finny!  Maeve owes  you some peppermint Life Savers... 


Hank...

Watch out Gran... there's a pirate in the house!

No comments: