Sunday, May 20, 2012

Whidbey Island = Ahhhhh....

So, the Wilson's so generously let us steal away to their cabin on Whidbey for the weekend and it was as relaxing as it always is.  We were treated with some really nice weather too.  It was a great mix of Maeve and me time, along with friend time.

Leann joined us for the night on Friday and we were treated with a beautiful morning.


James, Sarah, and Lila drove down to join us for brunch.  You can't beat outside dining...


And then we were joined by CJ, Pax and Beckett for the remainder of the weekend.  First order of business -- a hike down to the beach.


We love CJ...


Running in and out of the water = a great time...


Kids will be kids... well, Maeve will be Maeve, for sure...


Pax, CJ, and Beckett...


And, then they found the muddy mud....


A little Lightening McQueen before bedtime...


Kindred thumb sucking spirits...

A great, relaxing, fun, weekend.  Maeve and I read plenty of books, had a dance party, snuggled plenty, and told many stories to each other.  The only hiccup was the fact that I shared the King sized bed with Maeve and I still had no room on the bed.  I often feel like Maeve is trying to physically get inside my body when we happen to be sharing a bed together...  Did I mention that she loves to snuggle?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I am so envious (insert happy face). I can't wait to have a little one to snuggle with.