Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Weekend to Myself...

So Maeve spent the weekend with my mom and Jamie, plus her cousins spent ample time with her too, especially Kate.  This is the first time I've asked someone to watch Maeve just so I could tackle projects around the house.  I had roughly 48 hours, and I think I put those hours to good use.  This post is mostly just for me... to remind me that my house is somewhat organized again with an aim to maintain. ha.  I do remember a time pre-Maeve when I had organized everything.  I can't even fathom that now... That's okay.  I'll take a little mayhem in my life for a fullness I couldn't imagine before.

I finished my wall o' frames...


The laundry/utility closet is nice and organized again...


The pantry is also nice and organized...


I decided it was finally time to put up some artwork in the spare bedroom.  So, I created art with some paint and hung up some frames.  Really, Shauna?  It took you almost 3 years to do that?


Yeah, it may not look like much, but I assure you 5 big compost bags were taken away after I was through with the backyard...


I reorganized the garage and got the power drill out... I love using the drill, it makes me feel so handy.

Also, I posted many things on craigslist, made a run to goodwill to purge unwanted items, dumped unwanted items at Sue's house for their fundraising garage sale, organized the downstairs storage closet,  did all the laundry, organized Maeve's closet, organized my closet, and cleaned the whole house.  I managed a couple of training runs and a cinco de mayo celebration out with Amber too.  I'm feeling pretty accomplished.  


I have to say the house was really quiet this weekend.  Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my alone time to do what I wanted, when I wanted, but it was amazing how empty the house felt without my little person there.


And, my honey bunny back in my arms.  Love her so much.  We met my mom for dinner and she spent the whole time on my lap or with her cheek against my cheek.  Maeve definitely had a good time with her Gran and Pop, but was happy to be back with mommy too.  

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

WOW! I need you here! How you did all of that in 48 hours is absolutely amazing. Well done!

Di said...

And now our house is too quiet!! Loved having her! Gran and Pop miss her!