Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend...


Ahhh... It could not have been a nicer weekend.  The sun was shining and the temperature was warm.  That in of itself was a gift.  We had a great weekend.  We were outside most of the time enjoying ourselves with friends and mother's.

On Saturday we joined Steph, Karl, Anna, and Peter at the Mayfair festival.  It was a perfect outing for kids.  There was a bike parade, a playground, bouncy houses, pony rides, and a kid tattoo station.  Amber, Avery, and Gerrit joined in on the fun too.  We also had a bonus catch up with Deb and Char.  :-)

Maeve, Anna, and Peter watching the parade... 


Maeve on a pony ride...  


Maeve enjoying the free ice cream cones and balloons... 


Maeve and Avery posing to show off their new glittery arm tattoos...

On Mother's Day I ran the Kirkland half marathon.  My mom and Elin came down for the weekend and were there at the end to cheer me home.  All I can say is wowza... it was super hilly.  Note to self.  I am not doing the Kirkland half again.  ha.  I'm glad I did it and I have shirt to prove it.  It was fun because we had a park picnic afterwards with everyone and just enjoyed the morning...

What a good mom...  Happy Mother's Day to you too, mom! 


Rosanne, Amber, Amy and myself.  We did it! 


Part of our little fan club...  (minus Gerrit who was sleeping)... 


Crazy faces... because we have silly kids.  

Mother's Day is about appreciating being a mom, I've decided... I couldn't be happier with my little person.  She makes life so fun and full.  

No comments: