Monday, May 28, 2012

Birthday Montage...

Someone is officially 3... and couldn't be more proud about it.  We have embarked on birthday week, and there were a record number of cupcakes and treats inhaled over the past 5 days. We have had some very fun filled days recently, and a lot of celebrating too.  The way it should be, right?

This is Maeve going to bed on the eve of her birthday -- she's telling me that she will be "3" when she wakes up.  And, how adorable is she?  When I got her up in the morning I said, "Happy Birthday, Maeve" to which she responded to me, "Happy Mother's Day"...


Of course, when its your birthday you get to pick out a doughnut for breakfast.  So, here we are at 6:15am picking out the doughnut with pink frosting with sprinkles...


One happy birthday girl!

I took the last 4 hours off my shift so that I could join Maeve at her daycare and participate in her birthday celebration.  It was really cute... there was a handmade crown, I brought in pictures of her previous birthdays, hugs to all of her classmates, and popsicles handed out - which were the main highlight for all.  Then we headed over to the Wilson's who spoiled her rotten with gifts and cupcakes.  I believe Maeve licked the icing off of at least 4 Trophy cupcakes.... Did I mention there was a bit of sugar happening?

After the afternoon spoilage, we met Shill for dinner and celebrated them both for being a year older.  I was just waiting for a major meltdown due to all the excitement and sugar intake, but I was pleasantly surprised to have a perfectly intact 3 year old...


I gave a couple of gifts to Maeve the next morning... I figured spreading out the influx of gifts was better... I did well.  She LOVES this new toy.


Oh hey... did you know it is birthday week?


Off to soccer.  Yes, she kept the hat on for the entire practice.  ha ha.


And then we went out for lunch followed by frozen yogurt, to once again, celebrate a little someone.  This picture was taken immediately before those two got completely drenched by the little fountains we were parked right in front of...


Then we headed north for the weekend so that we could have a family celebration... 


It was lovely and very low key...


Who doesn't love a BBQ?


Someone was spoiled once again, but I really do believe that this chapstick that Gran gave her was her most favorite gift of all...  those lips have been very lubed ever since. 


And, another cupcake to eat the icing off of...


On Sunday we ventured into the city to visit Grandma and Grandpa.  We had a really nice walk through Stanley Park and out for dinner...


Oh, what do we have here?


Grandpa and Maeve talking about cupcakes...


And, this was today.  Still wearing the birthday hat... It was a pretty good gig, maybe  more goodness will keep coming if I continue to wear the birthday hat?!  

And, it is to be continued... her birthday party with her friends is this weekend.  Wowza.  Its good to be Maeve :-)


1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

Happy Birthday, beautiful Maeve!