Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day...

How much food coloring is okay for a kid to ingest? There was a lot of pink and a lot of hearts going on today. As it should be, right? We had fun embracing the day... eating a lot... and giving away treats.

A minor craft project to make it more festive...


Awaiting Maeve when she woke up. First thing she did was shove a chocolate heart in her mouth. Like mother, like daughter...


There were pink pancakes served...


'Look mom -- the milk is pink!!'


And, then we got all dressed up because....


...we had a tea party with one of our favorite people ever -- Annie! (Note the freshly baked cinnamon rolls with pink icing on them, thank you very much...)


Maeve enjoyed pouring us both tea... Maeve also enjoyed turning our tea party into a water table!


Then there was a valentine's story from one of Maeve's valentine's...

We had fun today delivering a bunch of our valentine treats this afternoon too. We both inhaled way too much sugar. Maeve is comatose and I'm coming down from my sugar high now. Hope everyone had a lovely day :-)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Valentines Day Shauna and Maeve. I love the post, especially the pink pancakes and pink milk! I konw what you mean about food and chocolate. The treats at school were too much today. Take care, Elizabeth

Unknown said...

Pink Pancakes! Genius! I'm totally stealing that one for next year! You're such a creative mom. Careful I'm taking notes....
Kelly H

McSpeert said...

Elizabeth loved her cookie. Sorry we missed you!!

karen gerstenberger said...

All of these photos are great, but the funniest one (to me) is the one where Maeve is pouring the tea. The adult hand hovering over the teapot is a scream - made my stomach tighten up in anticipation, just as I suspect the owner of that hand was experiencing! Whoa, whoa...water table! What fun. I'm so glad that you share these moments here.