Monday, January 23, 2012

Ben Towne Center for Childhood Cancer Research..

Its been over 3 years since I last played with Ben. He was such an intense, passionate, and funny little boy. I feel so lucky to have been a part of his world. Jeff, Carin, and I became great friends over the course of Ben's treatment. What phenomenal people they are -- you're just drawn to them. And, what a horrific turn their lives took, starting with Ben's cancer diagnosis. I see kids and families battle this horrible illness every day. And, every single day I am fearful that it will creep into my own life... into Maeve's life. Jeff and Carin have started a movement that has the potential to change everything about how pediatric cancer is treated... and cured.

What a legacy, Ben... you are missed so much. Your parents are doing amazing things.


Introducing: The Ben Towne Center for Childhood Cancer Research from ben towne foundation on Vimeo.

1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

Thank you for introducing us, Shauna. This movement moves me to tears. I am humbly thankful that we can be even a small part of it, in Ben's honor (since we didn't get to meet him) and in Katie's memory. Thank you for all you do for families like ours and Ben's.