Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving is such a fun holiday, and one that I've always just considered a bonus, because it wasn't a holiday we celebrated growing up north of the border. I have no family obligations and I just invite myself to whomever is offering me turkey and pumpkin pie. Now that I have Maeve, it is my holiday now because its her holiday. Krista and Abe invited us over to their new house and we enjoyed friends and good food. There is so much to be thankful for, for sure.

I like how relaxing Thanksgiving is too -- that is until you get up at 3am to make it to the outlets by 4am to score some sweet deals and then roll into work by 7am on Black Friday (lame I had to work... seemed all wrong). I had never participated in any sort of Black Friday activity before, or Cyber Monday, for that matter. I'm a bit hooked this year... I am jazzed for the Christmas holidays. It all started on November 1 when the friendly Starbuck's barrista handed me my Americano in a festive red cup. Let the Christmas season begin....

The Thanksgiving crew... fun times.

No comments: