Sunday, November 20, 2011

Family Weekend...

This weekend Maeve and I headed to Whidbey Island to enjoy a lazy couple of days I dubbed "Family Weekend". Exactly 2 years ago to the day, Stacy and I were en route to Ethiopia to bring Maeve home. November 22 is the date that Maeve and I physically became a family, and I think that is a perfectly great reason to celebrate our small little family.

Thank you Annie and Dan for always being so generous with your cabin... it was perfect. We napped, cozied by the fire, played games, read plenty of books, and put together many puzzles over the weekend. Saturday morning brought us our first bit of snow for the year too. It wasn't much, but enough to count... and Maeve enjoyed stomping around in it.

Saturday morning was so gorgeous as we explored the property...


Look who's pretty excited for the first snow of the year too as that meant someone got a bit of ice cream for breakfast to celebrate...


We had to take a hike down to the beach of course. It was fun crunching all the leaves on the way down...


Ahhhhh....


The Pacific Northwest at its finest...


The mischievous one... she wanted to test her rain boots to see if they'd keep her dry. Despite being warned not to go too far, guess who came home with her feet sloshing around in wet boots? And because they hurt due to being too cold, I had to carry her on my shoulders all the way back! I don't think she really tried ;-)


More crunching around...


We also managed a quick visit with Sarah and Lila who've just moved back. Yay! Sorry Leann, forgot to get the camera out while you were here... but we enjoyed your visit too!


I don't do hair or make up while lounging, and Maeve rarely does clothes indoors these days (so we're lucky that she's half dressed at least)... so this is the best family shot we got this weekend.

Our family is small... but its perfect.

1 comment:

clearadoptions said...

can you tell me about adoption...