Monday, November 14, 2011

A Break...

...in the form of Palm Springs with just the girls. No husbands. No kids. The timing couldn't have been better as I was feeling a need to be relieved from the daily routine for a few days... or 5 as it turned out. This was the longest I'd been away from Maeve... I was a little anxious about it, but pretty confident that she would do okay by being the center of all her relatives' attention. That turned out to be true, thankfully. It was so great to have photos, videos, and a short chat on the phone every day too. Its so nice to have willing family ready to help. Thanks!

Do you want to know what else was nice? Girl time. Lounge time. Book time. Happy hour time. And, more. It was so great for all of us to have conversations without interruptions... be caught up on all of Hollywood's ridiculousness in the form of trash magazines.... lounge in bed sipping coffee in the morning..... lounge by the pool... finish a book... go out every evening because we could... do a little shopping for myself... and, sit on a plane and not have to entertain for the whole flight. Thank you Kristin for being so generous with your timeshare points and thinking of us :-)


Shannon, myself, and Kristin...


Misha, Ann, and Kath.


A bonus to the trip was spending one extra night to catch up with this little guy, Liam. Chelsea, Casey, and Liam live just over an hour away... so, I had to visit. It was great.


But one thing is for sure... I couldn't stop kissing Maeve's kissable cheeks when I came back home :-)

1 comment:

Kristin Hallgren said...

I made the blog, I made the blog!! :) It was a fun trip!