Monday, September 19, 2011

20 Years...


How can it be possible that I just attended my 20 year reunion this past weekend? It is amazing how quickly time flies. I feel young and older at the same time.

I remember when I attended my 10 year just how surreal it felt to be in a room with people that I'd had such history with, but didn't really know anymore, and it didn't matter at all. It felt just the same this time around too... and even more fun this time. I do have to say that I graduated with a really really nice group of people -- or at least the 150 of 300 people that made it to the reunion anyway. Ha. And, I have to say... we are a good looking group of people. I'd guess about 85-90% of the people still looked great, or better -- pretty good for 20 years, right? (don't judge me... everyone is checking to see what 20 years does to a person, right?)

A reunion does make you a little nostalgic as you're reminded of the past (or have to be retold stories, if you're me, because I have such a horrid memory), and I feel so fortunate to have had such a good childhood. I also feel fortunate that I didn't realize I had teenage angst, or would be such a late bloomer, at the time. I can only hope that Maeve has such a good group of friends surrounding her during her school years. Oh, and I do plan on telling her about eyebrow waxing... somehow that information skips generations?

So... its over, and I'm still a little sleep deprived from living it up like a teenager on Saturday, and then having to resume my normal life Sunday morning -- status post a little tylenol dosing, that is. You can tell that I had fun because I didn't manage even one photo the entire weekend. (Thanks for sending this prefunk photo, Kath)...

No comments: