Saturday, August 13, 2011

No Longer Contained

There was initially a fair amount of sitting silently in her room awaiting for her to sleep earlier in the week (just after Maeve figured out she could easily scale the crib rail). I have now moved to a chair outside her room, and I feel like we're making some progress in the "keeping the two year old in bed" mission. But seriously... did it take her this long before to fall asleep and I just was ignorantly unaware? Also, she is not fooled by the bed rail, in the least, and happily climbs down after naps and in the morning to greet me. Time will tell if an intervention will be required in the future...


1 comment:

Rachel said...

During this phase, I find a baby gate at their doorways works well. It lets them mentally see that it's not a free-for-all and it allows me to sleep better knowing that they aren't roaming the house in the middle of the night:-) Good luck!