Monday, August 8, 2011

Lopez Camping...

I'm working my way through all the photos I took on holidays last week. For 2 nights of our week we met up with our B'ham gang and went camping. This was Maeve's first time -- as I wasn't brave enough to try it last summer when Maeve wasn't walking yet. She and I both had a fantastic time. We are so lucky to have such a great group of friends. We all agreed that we need to extend our camping trip next year to at least 4 nights. Here are a bunch of shots of us getting all dirty and sandy while camping... and generally having a great time.

More ferryboats...


Misha, Mark, and Lance enjoying the sun on deck.


Beach time with Beckett, Cj, Fiona, and Maeve...


We took over 2 campsites for 5 different families... 8 adults and 8 kids. At least we weren't outnumbered.


My good little camper...


Morning cuddles. I need coffee...


Our beach just a few steps away from our campsites.


Zane, I mean, Dash...


Mike brought out the face paints... I'd say it was a big hit by all the little ones. Maeve thought she was a dinosaur and did some roaring. Shhhh.... don't tell her.


Kaya and Daphne -- beautiful butterflies


Popsicles!!


"Maeve -- please don't put sand on your head" Any guesses as to what her next move was?


Bath time... camping style


Cheers...


There were no amateurs on this trip. Yes, my friends, that is paella. Thank you Mark & Misha for being our camping buddies. Seriously, right?? I've never eaten so well camping...


S'more time!

Soltis snuggle time with Maeve...


Pax and Zane = BFF. They spent half the camping trip literally tied to each other.


Fiona, one tired little camper.


Breakfast treats...


Always exploring...

Thank you Ann, Mike, Kaya, Zane, Cj, Lance, Pax, Beckett, Mark, Misha, Daphne, Fiona, Kath, and Wes for a fantastic time.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Oh, I love camping! I'm so glad Maeve had such a successful first camping trip. I loved all of the pictures! FUN!

cj said...

So, so fun!!! Next time, I'll let you take a decent picture of me.