Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Family Holiday...

From the moment we arrived at the cabin to when we left, it was just relaxing. So much different from the noise and speed that city living offers. It was quiet except for the birds chirping and an occasional ferry horn. Not that I've been feeling especially stressed lately, but my shoulders automatically dropped a few inches, just because. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Maeve. Although we're a small family, we are a family and we had so much fun on this purposeful family holiday. These are sort of random shots, but it shows a few of the things we did over the course of a week and a half (except for our camping trip, of course)...

Maeve, the hiker. There is a bit of a lazy streak in the child so I was impressed that she actually walked the 0.5 miles down to the beach and approximately 0.25 miles back up the hill, twice that week. We saw bunny rabbits and slugs - clearly highlights.


There was a lot of this by the both of us...



A big highlight -- I had my birthday during the trip. Whoopdee. I don't really care about the birthday per se, but my mom and Elin came down and stole Maeve away for 24 hours so that I could enjoy some friend time. Melanie and Leann cooked dinner and breakfast... yum. I even managed to sleep in for 10 hours. Ahhhh... I kept waking up in the morning, but the difference was that I would just roll right on over :-)


Thanks friends... (and a big thanks to my mom and Elin)


Clothes were definitely optional... books were read aplenty.


"its sunny... I need my sunglasses, mom"


We were spoiled by Ma Z and Pop who had us over for dinner and a little birthday celebration for the both of us...


Fort Casey...


Wine. I was enjoying a glass of wine at this point...



Amy and Baby Clara came and visited for the day (shhhh... don't tell Bennett, because of course we didn't have any fun at all...)


Armed with a bubble gun and not afraid to use it...


Another huge highlight for us was an overnight visit by Kathleen and Elizabeth...


And, another example of why I'm going to be getting many a phone call from her teachers in the future...

Practicing for "Survivor"


Headed home...

No comments: