Sunday, August 7, 2011

Current Happenings...

I think its fairly safe to report that we're saying goodbye to our toddler hood and saying hello to just being a little girl. On one hand it makes me sad, but the girl is just so darn hysterical that I can't help but cheer it on. She's turning into quite the handful -- mischief is definitely running through her veins.

So, what is Maeve up to? Bandaids and nose picking to start. With any bonk or owie the immediate request is a bandaid. And, she thinks its hysterical to stick her finger up her nose, look at me with a grin, and say "ewwww". "I don't want to do that" or "I don't like it" is heard frequently. And, she likes to make jokes -- her favorite one being that she peed or pooped in her pants. Of course when I start to react she just laughs at me and says, 'no I didn't"....

Tonight she had a major breakthrough. She finally realized that she can climb out of her crib. Darn it! I like containing the wee one. Tonight I was patting myself on the back that she went down so easily and sat myself down to watch my new favorite show, The Gle.e Proj.ect, when I heard some suspicious noises from the upper level. I put my show on pause and was about to make some inquiries when the proudest and most excited two year old you've ever seen steps into the kitchen. She ran to me giggling and laughing and then proceeded to climb onto the couch and acted like we were about to watch TV all night together. I might have broken her spirit a little bit when I acknowledged her impressive feat, but told her it was, in fact, bedtime. "I don't want to go nigh nigh...." I place the child back into her crib and say our night nights again... I go back downstairs, press play, and again hear suspicious sounds from the upper level. Groan. I go upstairs to find an excited little girl once again out of her crib. In the end I had to sit in her room and wait for her to fall asleep as she checked on me multiple times... an hour later. Ummm. How do I put her to bed if I don't have a crib to keep her in place?? No really?

Proud, excited, and mischievous status post crib escape incident...


This is who I have on my hands these days. Notice that she made sure to shove the marker right up her nose too.


Pointing out her owie that requires bandaids constantly...

Maeve, I love you to death and you make me laugh all the time.

1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

What a scream - love the marker artwork! Don't you wonder what you did for fun before you had Maeve? It's hard for us to remember life Before Kids, sometimes - and it's sure more exciting (and funny) after they arrive! You chose the perfect name for your blog.