Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Date Night...

Maeve had a date tonight with Dan. It was really cute -- they both dressed up, he got her a flower in the form of a balloon, and they headed off with the soundtrack of "slippery fish, slippery fish...." in the background.

Maeve's daycare had a little father's day event this evening, and because I want to normalize these types of holidays for her and not have them feel exclusive, but rather inclusive, I'm utilizing the special people we have in our lives to fill certain roles. Dan is one of Maeve's godfather's, so it was the perfect pairing. After the party they carried on to dinner and then a trip to the cupcake store. I love watching the two of them together and how they love each other....

What was I doing while Maeve was being spoiled? Annie and I headed off for Ethiopian food, wine and good conversation. Fun times had by all...


No comments: