Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day...

I'm not sure that it could've been a better weekend. We spent most of it just hanging out at home. We only had Friday morning pancake breakfast and Saturday morning Ethiopian playgroup on the agenda... the rest of it was straight chill time. It was perfect. Maeve is at such a fun age right now... she can practice for being 2 occasionally, but for the most part, takes redirection well. My favorite phrase out of her mouth right now is, "me hold you".... when she wants me to pick her up.

Maeve decided to wish me Happy Mother's Day far too early today... 12:32am to be exact. And after 3 failed attempts of trying to get her to stay in her own bed, I buckled and brought her into mine... only to have her snuggle and flop herself all over me for 2 hours, and then ask to go back to her own bed. As much as I would have preferred a later morning snuggle session, I guess I'll take it :-)

Thanks for my card and gift Maeve. I love it. And, I love being your mommy. You make the world a better place... and I can't imagine life without you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you two found each other!