Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Race...

The big day had arrived. Maeve had been plenty prepped with talk of running, trying really hard, winning even. We kept the eye on the prize and the doughnut at the end of the 1K Top Pot Kid's Dash was our motivation. We donned some appropriate running pants and specifically wore "really fast" running shoes today. The sun was shining. The stars could not have aligned more perfectly...



There was a little pre-race size up of other competitors...


The requisite pre-race photos... but, we all know who would come out on top, right? (did I mention that we put on our "really fast" running shoes today?)

But, somehow trouble ensued. Maeve was slipped something, I'm sure of it. In the starting line up Maeve lost her motivation. What? We've trained for this... we are physically and mentally strong. I just watched Black Swan last night, so I know how to be the perfect stage mom. Wipe those tears away... this is fun. You will have fun.


And, then this happened... for the ENTIRE race... not ONE step!


I even tried to convince her to run across the finish line. Nope. No way mom. I ain't doin' it!


Wowza. I need a snack. I'm exhausted after all that physical competition... I need to replenish myself...


The big highlight for Maeve was the Caspar Babypants concert post race... "I dancing" says Maeve :-)

Fun morning, for sure....

1 comment:

Taryn! said...

nice.
Can't believe you nice weather... It snowed on May 1st in Winterpeg. MAY 1ST PEOPLE!!!



Thank you for your time...
Taryn!