Monday, May 30, 2011

First Hike...

Eric was in town so it seemed like the perfect excuse to dust off the hiking shoes and hit a local trail... And, my plan to place chunky monkey on Eric's back was foiled royally by a certain two year old. The wailing and snot that ensued when presented with this idea was impressive. Fine, fine. I had been saying that I've never been this out of shape, so carrying an extra 30+ pounds would only do me good. 3/4 the way into the hike I decided that Eric needed a turn being the pack horse... and more wailing, and snot was produced, plus thrashing... Ughh. So, I ended up lugging my perfectly happy and singing toddler up and down the trail. Oh well... I need to get used to this if I plan on replicating this day multiple times over this summer... But, I'm thinking a diet for both of us is in order :-)

Here we go...


We made it!


Lunch time.. with a slightly scowling Maeve who didn't want her photo to be taken...


Bonus -- we got to throw rocks into the water at the end of the hike..

No comments: